When Oceania Cruises debuts their newest ship, Vista, in May 2023, the luxury cruise line will also unveil a new mixology program, a Moët et Chandon champagne experience and more.
Among the new bar concepts are specialty beverage carts, flavored smoke bubbles and zero-proof cocktails. Negronis aged in wooden barrels will also be introduced.
Oceania Cruises Adds New Cocktail Creativity
Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line is reaching new pinnacles of creativity and diversity as they introduce an elevated, innovative bar program aboard the 1,200-guest Vista. Set to debut on May 20, 2023, Vistais the first of the brand’s all new Allura Class ships. Vista will feature the latest cocktail-crafting trends and techniques such as flavored smoke bubbles, an extensive selection of low- and no- sugar wines and zero-proof cocktails. In addition, they’ll offer Negronis aged in wooden barrels and specialty beverage carts like the Bubbly Bar and Ultimate Bloody Mary Bar.
“At Oceania Cruises, we continuously strive to raise the bar on every aspect of our luxury cruise experience, with food and beverage at the top of the list,” said Howard Sherman, president and CEO of Oceania Cruises. “As Vista will present a fresh perspective on the finest cuisine at sea with an astounding array of culinary options that range from informal to the extravagant, it’s only appropriate that we build a bar program to match. From new spirits selections and a wide range of mocktails to new pairing menus and the introduction of The Moët & Chandon Champagne Experience, our teams have truly outdone themselves.”
New Cocktail Concepts Include Immersive Mixology Experiences
A cornerstone of Vista’s bar program will be immersive, experiential beverage offerings that includes specialty beverage carts. Guests can order drinks from The Bubbly Bar cart with exclusive Champagne cocktails. Then there’s the Ultimate Bloody Mary Bar, where guests can DIY their perfect brunch accompaniment.
In addition, Oceania is adding:
- Casino Mixology Bar: is a brand new concept on Vista, focused entirely on the art of the cocktail. Boasting a unique selection of bourbons and ryes in addition to tableside preparation of cocktails and spirits, the bar will likely become an Instagram favorite for serving readymade Negronis straight from the barrel and awesome “Flavor Blaster Gun” cocktails that are topped off with vapor filled bubbles with aromatic flavors.
- Martinis: Oceania Cruises’ signature bar onboard, is refreshing its namesake cocktail with a new spirits selection of Mermaid Gin and Vodka, handcrafted from ethically sourced botanicals on the Isle of Wight. Either shaken or stirred, the new martini menu features a collection that gives tribute to some of the greatest names in Hollywood such as: Lady Hepburn, Bogard’s Casablanca, Blue Eyes Sinatra and Notorious Bond.
- Baristas: Not your usual coffee bar, Baristas will introduce a new drink menu featuring innovative cocktails that incorporate Amari, an Italian herbal liqueur. There will also be ready-to-drink Italian selections like Crodino, San Pellegrino cocktails and Campari sodas.
“To develop Vista’s new bar program, I worked hand in hand with our culinary team to bring naturally sourced ingredients to our cocktail crafting process, like the creation of homemade syrups and reductions,” said Daniella Oancea, corporate beverage manager of Oceania Cruises. “On Vista, having a drink will be an experience unto itself – from the beauty of watching a skilled bartender smoke an old fashioned to the tableside preparation of an espresso martini.”
Complementing the Finest Cuisine at Sea
With food comes drink and the new beverage concepts in Vista’s restaurants do not disappoint. Taking a fresh perspective to complementing what Oceania calls, “The Finest Cuisine at Sea”, a wide range of guilt-free and craft offerings are in the mix.
- Aquamar Kitchen:A new concept aboard Vista, Aquamar Kitchen will serve lean and healthy cuisine. The new eatery will focus its beverage selection on low- and no-alcohol options. Lyre, the leading producer of non-alcoholic spirits in the world, will bring its naturally sourced spirits to Vista including Dry London Gin, American Malt Whisky, White Cane Spirit Rum and Amalfi Spritz. Aquamar Kitchen will also offer elegant non-alcoholic “wines” from Pierre Zéro and the drink menu will include cocktails such as a Skinny Mimosa, Innocent Kir, Pure Amalfi Spritz, Passion Fruit Colada, Dark and Spicy and NO-Groni.
- Ember:The signature addition to Oceania Cruises’ family of restaurants, will feature a culinary menu of inventive American creations blended with time-honored classics. To pair, guests will find unique wines, crafted beers, ryes and bourbons and themed cocktails ranging from long-drinks to more aperitif style ones like California Dreaming, First Avenue, Sicilian Godfather and Tennessee Nights.
- Red Ginger: Oceania Cruises’ Pan-Asian venue, will feature a focused menu of beverages to complement its acclaimed dishes including Asian beers, a variety of sake styles and cocktails that celebrate Asian flavors such as ginger, turmeric, coriander and lychee. New drinks include Tokyo Whisper, Oriental Pear Mule, Asia Daisy, Namaste and Hanoi Nights.
Inspired Partnerships for Pairings Menus
Champagne has come to define the most captivating, jubilant and extraordinary moments of our lives. With the launch of Vista comes the debut of a most exquisite new pairing experience.
- Moët & Chandon Champagne Experience: With its debut on Vista, the Experience is a delectable three-course pairing extravaganza featuring rare vintages. The meal begins with a Mediterranean sea bass tartar paired with the mature 2013 Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage Brut. This is followed by a duck foie gras terrine accompanied by the silky Moët & Chandon Nectar Imperial Champagne. To finish the gastronomical experience, there’s a cured beef tenderloin coupled with the elegant and refined Moët & Chandon Imperial Rose Champagne.
- Connoisseur Wine Pairing Lunches: Another addition to Vista are two carefully crafted epicurean journeys to choose. Menus include five different Mediterranean influenced dishes paired with a premium range of wines. The head sommelier along with bar, restaurant and galley teams, will explain each course pairing concept and their flavor profiles.
- Dom Pérignon Experience:A signature Oceania Cruises experience since 2019, this will be showcased on Vista as part of the intimate dining venue Privée. The six-course tasting menu is a must for every connoisseur of Champagne and gourmands. Each of the three Champagne vintages is effortlessly paired with two courses that are specifically crafted to bring out the nuances of the grapes and the ratio of the blend. Courses include scallops Rossini with mole negro followed by black truffle risotto, Brittany blue lobster in yellow curry broth with coconut foam, seared sashimi-style wagyu beef with octopus tempura. This gourmet experience culminates with sakura tea geisha flower ice cream topped with lemon caviar.
Source: Oceania Cruises
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.